Flourless blueberry protein pancakes
Pancakes can be whipped up as quick as you can make a morning coffee if you keep it simple. These pancakes aren’t your traditional pancakes that are heavy on butter and flour. They are made from a combination of only a handful of low calorie dense foods that ensures you can enjoy a nice stack of pancakes without all the added calories.
Egg whites are a strange phenomenon for many. What many don’t know is that they are a packed with protein, but have no cholesterol and no saturated fat! They are an awesome substitute for eggs in recipes for reducing the calories and increasing the protein intake. However, please note many of the egg’s great vitamins are store in the yolk such as Vitamin A, B12, B2 and D. So please, do not remove whole eggs from your diet entirely, they are awesome too!
As always this recipe can be customised for size and ingredients at your will. If you prefer a smaller portion, try having ¾ cup of rolled oats and 150 grams of egg whites. Or you can have banana instead of blueberries, the world is your oyster!
1 cup of rolled oats (blended)
200 grams of egg whites (6 large egg whites)
1 TSP of baking powder
Splash of almond milk
Dash of cinnamon
Handful of blueberries
2 TBSP (1 Serve) Marmadukes Original peanut butter powder
Drizzle of Maple Syrup
1. Blend the rolled oats until a smooth flour has formed
2. Add the egg whites, baking powder, almond milk and cinnamon into the blender with the blended oats and blend on high for 1 minute or until a smooth consistency forms (add more almond milk if the consistency is too firm or lumpy)
3. Prepare 1 serve of Marmadukes Original peanut butter powder as per the directions on the jar and set aside
4. Turn a pan onto medium high and coat with your oil of preference (we use coconut oil spray)
5. Pour the mixture onto the pan and sprinkle the blueberries on top. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes, flip the pancakes when bubbles begin to appear! Cook the other side for a further minute
6. Repeat the cooking process until the pancakes are all cooked and stacked on a plate
7. Drizzle the maple syrup on top followed by Marmadukes peanut butter and enjoy!
Be sure to share your creations on instagram and tag us @marmadukes.au and #marmadukespb