Peanut butter and choc chip chickpea cookies
This isn't your usual cookie recipe, these are made from chickpeas and have no nasties in what so ever. Using chickpeas as the base gives them an awesome texture that is leaps and bounds lower in sugar and carbs than regular cookies.
There is NO sugar, NO butter and NO flour what so ever.
All you need is a food processor or blender and an oven and you are ready to go to make these healthy cookie alternative. We used a regular tin of drained chick peas, feel free to use dried chickpeas too, simply follow the packet instructions for soaking.
This recipe makes 6-8 decent sized cookies, lets get into it!
1 can (400 grams) chickpeas
2 tbsp @Marmadukes Original peanut butter powder
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut oil
Pinch of baking soda
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
50g vegan dark chocolate chopped up
1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 c fan forced
2. Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate) in a blender and blend until thoroughly incorporated
3. Roughly chop the chocolate and stir throughout the mixture
3. Scoop the mixture into 6-8 dollops and flatten into circular shapes on a lined baking sheet
4. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until firm
5. Take out the oven and let cool for 15 minutes
6. Optional- Add a few flakes of sea salt
Be sure to share your creations on instagram and tag us @marmadukes.au and #marmadukespb