Marmadukes VEGAN Chocolate Peanut Slice
Now this is a slice of heaven... VEGAN heaven. We have substituted out the usual non-vegan ingredients in slice recipes for the healthy clean siblings!
This awesome recipe makes 10-12 large slices, so it is definitely one to share! Or even better you can store it in your freezer for as long as you want and have it ready to go at your convenience.
The recipe is completely VEGAN. The key substitutes are coconut Nuttelex instead of butter and dark vegan chocolate instead of regular milk chocolate.
This recipe may look complex from the photos, but it is super simple. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser and will leave people believing you are a master baker!
125g coconut Nuttelex
125g maple syrup
100g rolled oats
100g oat or coconut flour
2 tsps vanilla extract
Chocolate peanut topping
180 g good quality vegan chocolate (70% cocoa) roughly chopped
4 tbsp (2 serves) @Marmadukes Original peanut butter powder
3 tbsp coconut flakes lightly browned
- Line a 20 cm square cake tin with baking paper
- Mix in a bowl all the ingredients for the base and press mixture in the prepared tin
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water in saucepan
- Create Marmadukes peanut butter as per directions on jar
- Mix the melted chocolate and peanut butter together and spread thinly over the base
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top
- Refrigerate for an hour until firm. Cut into squares
- Can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Be sure to share your creations on instagram and tag us @marmadukes.au and #marmadukespb